Wednesday, July 4, 2012

TODAY IN BLACK HISTORY


 
July 4, 1900 – Jazz pioneer Louis “Satchmo” Armstrong is born in New Orleans, LA


QUOTE FOR TODAY
“As long as there is poverty in the world I can never be rich, even if I have a billion dollars. As long as diseases are rampant and millions of people in this world cannot expect to live more than twenty-eight or thirty years, I can never be totally healthy even if I just got a good checkup at Mayo Clinic. I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. This is the way our world is made. No individual or nation can stand out boasting of being independent. We are interdependent.”
                                                                                                                                              Martin Luther King, Jr.

No comments: