Sunday, May 8, 2011

ILLUSTRATOR Sylvia Walker

Artist/Illustrator SYLVIA L. WALKER is a native of Pasadena, California. She studied at the California Institute of the Arts in Los Angles earning a BFA Degree. Her works include freelance children's fashion illustration for clients Simplicity and McCall's pattern companies. Other clients include Keystone Health Partners, The Coca Cola Company National Adoption Center, Antioch Publishing, and Woodtones Publishing Group. She expanded her focus to illustrating numerous children's' books for publishers Just Us Books, Dover Publications, Scholastic, Harper Collins, Western Publishing, Essence Golden Books, Highlights Magazine, and Penguin Putnam Books.

Sylvia uses a variety of media to express herself. Watercolor, pencil, ink, and recently acrylic on canvas create an exciting new dimension to her creativity. "My work strikes a note of recognition in all of us. Drawing positive images of African American children gives me such pleasure. It reminds me of my own childhood. When my own children were very young, I created their own personal storybooks for them. I find myself smiling while working on a face, a gesture, an attitude, and it comes through my art. Her work is in the collection of Wendy's International president Dave Thomas, actress Vanessa Bell Calloway, Ed McMahon, Maury Povich and Connie Chung.

...

Land of the Four Winds






























No comments: